What dizzy is recommended

Hi Group,

I'm building up an 30 Bhp engine and am wondering what dizzy to use. It's completely stock and the idea is to supercharge it with a Judson. (after a while)

Should i use a stock diz and if so what is the type for a 30 Bhp engine? I know there are several SVDA diz with a variety of diameter Or are the other ones better (read "more relyable") like a 009 or an electronic one? I want to use only new or if impossible an overhauled one. I've googled a little but with no luck to an outcome.

Is there anyone who can provide me with a good link or answer? Any help is appreciated.

Greetings from holland Roger

Reply to
bug '59

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:02:24 +0200, "bug '59" scribbled this interesting note:

Here's one possibility for you.........

(toyota)+group:rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled+author:veeduber&rnum=1&hl=en#26cf5977c7886246

John Willis

I'm not the expert others here are and I've just gone through a bit of an argument with my 009 but if I were building my motor again tomorrow, I would still use the 009. I always have and until I actually see something better, I probably always will. It's not expensive, parts are easy to come by and as for my experience with mine last week, there are plenty of folks (especially on this ng) who can talk you through any problems with it. Works good, lasts a long time.

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11

if I were building my motor again tomorrow,

this is key: "until i actually see something better".... there are plenty better out there....WAY better...but unless you finally try one you'll never know and probably still be "happy"(relative) with your 009...but you are right, they are *cheap*....in every sense...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Every vac advance I have ever used has leaked and thats not a problem with the 009. I'm sure there is something better out there, I just don't have experience with it. I'm not knocking whatever is newer. At some point, I'd like to build a high hp motor with a cool cam and dual carbs and then I would go with a high power ignition system. But for a stock type motor, I like the 009, even with my 34 carb. After making a few adjustments, it now runs great and the famous "flat spot" is cured or at least dimished to the point that it's very drivable.

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11

I must have missed the thread, can you post details of what you did to it or point me to the thread. I too have a OhOh9 and I have a Dual Vacuum that I have not installed. The Oh Oh 9 works ok for me as well, but am curious to try the Vac Dizzy.

Reply to
TerryB

I can't find the thread but the sites that were given to me are:

and:

Both nailed the problem and a combination of the fixes took care of me.

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11

Thanks all, for your replies. Unfortunately not the ones i was hoping for.... can't hav'm all...:-))

I'll keep on searching and asking my way around here,

Thanks for your time guys Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I like my SVDA dizzy instead of a 009.