tech specs on stock VW head temp sensor?

My heads have bungs for 'em. Just wondering how they work so I can at least ponder how to make a gauge.

Yes, I don't like the VDO ones.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Silly me, I looked it up in the Bentley manual (section 11, 4.8). Looks like it provides a resistance to ground that is proportional to temperature. But with a single lead! the VDO one needs two cause you can't common a lead; must be differential.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Reply to
Busahaulic