tight shifter

Hey, the shifter on my bug is kinda tight. Actually, I never notice it cause I'm used to it but my wife mentioned it and now that she mentioned it, yeah, it is kinda tight. What can I do to loosen it up a bit?

When I replaced my shift bushing a couple of years ago, I had the rod out and it looked fine, not bent or nuthin'.

75 standard beetle. Empi short shift.

Rob in Salt Lake

Reply to
RobTaylor

Could the bushing be dry? Apply a bit of grease and see if that helps.

Max

Reply to
Max