tire rubber preservation

[tire rubber preservation] v This question is relavant to any resto or other fair-weather-only vehicle. v Sometimes I have to replace tires with negligible tread wear just because the sidewalls start dry rotting. [The sort of cracking armor all tends to cause]. What do you put on your tires to blacken *and preserve*? v I've occasionally had a detailing shop ignore my instructions to *not* wax the tires. They put this nasty clear slick silicone stuff on which tends to turn a dull brown in a few months and maybe contributes to the armor-all like age acceleration. That's not what I need. I would expect a more acceptible "tire black" to [actually be black for one thing] and protect the rubber from the effects of ozone and ultra-violet light. I need tires to last at least 10 years without the sidewalls dry rotting.

---end---

Reply to
Grape Daddy

Hey Grape,the craking or tire rot is caused from ozone,i'm not an enviromement freak but I;ve found out this only happens where the ozone levels are bad,I live in tulsa,ok and its very bad here,but to sum it up armor all or other products like this don't hurt or help all you can do is buy new tires or move to a less polluted part of the country

Reply to
circles34

Nothing............. tires are designed to gradually dry out by releasing their goopy stuff. Once they're dry they're dry. Get new ones.

"Grape Daddy naxs.com>" [tire rubber preservation]

Reply to
D-DUB