Beam replacement

Long story short, hit a van and bent the beam. Can I pull the arms, then the beam, then replace the tubes, then put the arms back in without removing the steering box, tie rods, brake lines, etc., or should I pull the beam as a unit, do the swap, and replace as a unit? I've never tackled this so any advice would help. Thanks! Paul

Reply to
TinMan

The beam is a welded assy; you can't just replace the "tubes". It's not all that hard if you have some hefty tools. Steering box gotta come out. There are 2 17mm bolts up under the fuel tank; tank comes out.

If it was a severe crash, inspect the frame head for any signs at all of crushing or failure from rust-thru.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim