Turn signal warning light problems

I've just replaced the Hazard warning light switch and turn signal relay on my 69 KG. The old switch was very hit and miss and the relay made the lights flash way too fast.

Problem - The warning light at the bottom of the speedo only works when the ignition is turned off. I put the old relay back on and it works fine (but is too fast). Have I just got a duff relay or is there anything else to check out?

Thanks

Will

Reply to
will

Poor fuse holder contact (high resistance) can cause strange warning light problems, but odd only one of the relays produces it.

Did you get an exact replacement relay? Same P/N?

If so, I would have to assume the relay is defective some way.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

and it never hurts to check grounding. It doesn't hurt to clean the fuse\ contacts surfaces. good luck, we all need it with electrical stuff. I Remember Another Quagmire = IRAQ

Reply to
stay da course?