Type 3 Timing

i`m struggling to get the timing on my type 3 1500S model set right.

I think at some time it has had a replacement engine as i`ve checked the numbers against the birth certificate i have - the original is 0337358 the exchange(?) is N054729X

The timing marks that are there at the moment are as follows - | ||| i`m guessing the lines are left to right - TDC, 7.5, 10, 12.5.

i`ve also tried timing it whilst runnning for a maximum advance of 32 degrees, but the line was jumping around alot.

any advice would be great

thanks, mike

Reply to
mike

Timing setting has nothing to do with the engine model. It's all detrmined by the distributor. Look for a P/N on the distrib casting.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Also, make sure the spark plug cables are in the right order.

Reply to
Funkie

i`m pretty sure the spark plugs leads are in the right order, but i`ll check them just to make sure. i`ll also get the part number from the dizzy too. thanks, mike

Reply to
mike