Valve cover gaskets

(Stock heads and covers.) Cork or rubber gaskets?

Glued, greased or dry?

What is the prevailing consensus?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Rubber impregnated (lol) cork.

Glued to the cover, ligyt coat of grease on the other side.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

..............Is it optional to use a little grease before you impregnate a cork?

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Some do some don't... up to you :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

what...? what about a ton of blue silicone?

(just kidding... i lurk a bit but i have put my time in with a master 30-40 yr v-w mechanic, so blue silicone is a known evil, we had so many motors come in that seemed to be held together by that stuff...as well as having the oil galleys blocked with it!)

just caught my eye- my oldest daughter will be 13 this summer... so i only have about 2.5 years to find a decent bug and fix it up for the first car... so i found you all and read religiously..

my best to all and keep on buggin'-bussin'-squarebackin'-ghia'in-etc....

jjd

Reply to
jdowling

That's what I've done since I bought my bug too. I was just wondering if there were any other opinions.

Reply to
Michael Cecil