VW body rotisery

Someone on theSamba posted this and I thought it was particularly a clever way to get to all the nooks and crannies on a body:

(not sure what the language is: looks like swedish to me because I canunderstand it somewhat) It doesn't look like a particularly hard fixture to make.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

(not sure what the language is: looks like swedish to me because I can> understand it somewhat)>

It's norwegian :)

I'm sure PJ Berg could translate the highlights for us.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I know that they sell these, or at least used to sell these, for the Porsche

356s and maybe even the 911s.

I guess if you really did a lot of restoration work on the Type 1s, it will come in very handy. I have seen some rotisseries for the older Jeeps go for sale here in Illinois in the past

Here are either rotisserie for cars or plans to build them

One out of many daves

Thanks - your link is giving me a bunch of ideas. I'm not a body man, so didn't know those things even existed.

I'm a total sucker for fixtures and like the fact that the bug rotissery shown seems to be fairly well balanced. It doesn't look hard to make at all: some square tubing welded together attached to a sturdy lumber stand might do the trick.

> (not sure what the language is: looks like swedish to me because I can> > understand it somewhat)> >

Reply to
Remco

I'd love to put a Harley in a spit like that. Hog roast.

Reply to
WhoCares

Here's a nice cheap way of doing it-

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Thanks, Howard - That's a great idea! There's a tool store nearby that sells those stands for around that price. You got me thinking now..

Reply to
Remco

Sounds like a plan. Put yours on the spit and I'll bring the brews. :)

Reply to
Remco

It works like this - first we build a good big bed of red hot coals under it, then Shabby rides it like those fake bull rides... round and round.

Reply to
WhoCares

I like the way you think but screw the coals: That fire would get a lot hotter with some nitrous oxide and acetylene. We might be able very quickly melt the whole thing into a hog blob (that or launch the thing - either way, we'll have fun).

Reply to
Remco

Yes it does not look too hard to make, and should cost you way under that $1000 the others sell theirs for too!

Don't forget to get some good casters under it so you can move it all around. ;-)

later, dave (>> I know that they sell these, or at least used to sell these, for the >> Porsche

dave AKA vwdoc1

Now that is what I was thinking!!! A couple of sturdy Engine stands! lol Thanks Howard

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1