vw polo door panel

i need some help please. ive blown one of the speakers in the door of my

2001 polo. bought a smashing new pair with the intention of installing them myself. only problem is getting the door panel off. there is one screw in the side and that seems to be all so i presume the panel is popped on but i dont want to force it off.. can anybody help
Reply to
davidarrigan

Yes.. the kind(?) people over at rec.autos.makers.vw.WATERCOOLED

Glad I could help

jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You asked a question regarding your WATERcooled volkswagen, in a newsgroup that is dedicated solely to the older generation, AIRCOOLED VW.

While some of us do have watercooled cars as well as aircooled, and might be able to help you, you would get much better response and more advice over at our "sibling" newsgroup, rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

In short, you asked your question in the wrong group :)

(and I steered you towards the right one)

No biggy, and no hard feelings.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

.............Your Polo is a watercooled VW. This newsgroup is for those of us who enjoy the older style VW's that are AIR-COOLED. That is, they don't use a radiator or a water pump but instead have finned cylinders & heads which are cooled directly by air forced through the fins by an engine driven fan.

.......What is going on in today's schools that there are so many technological ignoramuses out there? I remember burning the $h!+ out of my hand when I touched a hot radiator back when I was about nine years old back during the fifties. Do people actually exist now who don't know what a radiator is or what it does?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Didn't Kidd just reprimand you for just such an onslaught??? Play nice now Timmy.

(the word "timmy" is in my spell check dictionary ............LOL how do you misspell that?.........Caps issue)

I remember Cutting the end of my thumb off with an electric radiator fan.............does that count?

It hurt too.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

.................She doesn't scare me. I'm married to a b-o-w.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I told you guys just maybe 2 weeks ago that the number of watercooled questions has suddenly skyrocketed here. Not a problem yet, but makes me wonder. Maybe some school just got "Internet". :)

This guy, like the one before him, accessed this groub through a web site that displays these messages and allows posting. So it's like a doorway to Usenet on the Internet side. I wonder how they can miss the watercooled group...

USE THE SEARCH. Include the model of your car and you should be directed to the appropriate group.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...dare I ask?

(Dare you post? lol)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

.............An American expression. What's the Finnish equivalent of 'bitch on wheels'? Bill Merrill could probably clarify for you. Maybe Kidd could demonstrate............lol

............As long as Kidd is in Fla. and I'm safely up here in NY.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

hehe, I'm not sure we have one :)

ROTFLMAO

Gotcha ;)

More on the subject of uninformed new posters:

I frequent some local car newsgroups too, and every now and again we get one or two newbies who just come in with a fake author ID and start insulting people with nonsense. 5 minutes later their school principal gets an email and their computer tech teacher will remember to teach them a thing or two about the "anonymity" of the Internet or Usenet. Before letting them go online for the first time in their lives. Usually helps :)

No longer targeted at you, Davidarrigan. Didn't mean to insinuate anything.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

ooooh it makes me smile just to see the title !!!! :-)

I love it when we get one of these... the follow up posts are soooo funny.

Light harted and innocent, but it chills me out out all the same !

Keep them coming ! ( but not tooo many :-) )

Rich

davidarrigan wrote:

Reply to
tricky

I don't need to scare you. I already scare the hell out of Jan. One man quivering in the corner crying for his mommy is enough to make my day brighter.

Btw, You may be married to a b.o.w. but I bet she doesn't wear spikes on her wrists that leave nice pretty little holes when she backhands you. :)

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Why? I thought I didn't scare you?

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

...............So that's why Jan has those handcuffs.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Glad I read the followups on this one,............I was thinking "Big Ol' Woman"...............LOL I was thinking , If your wife reads this, she's gonna kick your teeth in.........................But she, like Kidd, will be proud of the correct meaning I bet.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I don't mind being a bitch on wheels. Jan gets to be reminded all about it when I show up on Tuesday. :) And I'm sure Tim's wife wouldn't mind. She's probably been called worse by better.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson