The nerve!!!

Went out with my wife for a quick offroad trip today. To enter the trails you have to climb a short, very very steep rocky hill. I pulled up to it and hesitated. Still haven't figured out exactly how far I can push the rail and was worried about the very light front-end popping up and possibly rolling over backwards. I said "What do you think? I drove up that hill before in the Jeep..." She said "Yeah... in the *JEEP*" as if that was no surprise, but that trying it in the rail would be a whole different story. She HAD NO FAITH... She *got out* of the rail. NO FAITH. So I got her to get back in and we drove home. NOT. Gunned the motor and WHAM! Climbed that wall like it was a speed bump. NO PROBLEM. Kim said the back tire popped up in the air when I reached the top and actually got higher off of the ground than the front tires did during the climb. WOOT!!! I decided to be a nice guy and wait for her to climb the hill to catch up with me so she could go along for the rest of the ride. :-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

You could always lash her to the front end for ballast.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

hehe, that was the first idea that popped in my head too.. "Honey, why don't you sit on the front bumper.. you know.. for safety"

Maybe you should rig up a seat and some belts for her up front ... "So you could see better" :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

hee hee !

Women !!!!!

Rich

Shag wrote:

Reply to
tricky

There is a reason for being single ;-]

J.

No I'm not thinking of the sex you could have at you leisure.... :0)

Reply to
P.J. Berg

There was an area near where I now live they called the "Tank Tracks" and it's where PacCar used to test their military vehicles. (Builder of Sherman tanks among others) Anywho, there was this concrete slab "on end" that had tank tracks worn into its outermost edges - must have been 20 feet apart! The slab was about fifty feet long or more and at such a steep angle you could not stand and walk up it - you had to use your hands. Driving up it in the jeep was always neat cuz as soon as the front axle cleared the top, the rear wheels would start spinning! A friend once tried the "fording test" and I guess he was just too stupid to comprehend that the numbers on the side of the thing were depth markers. He was lucky enough to snag the roll bar with a grappling hook - under 13 feet of water! Pretty much destroyed my dad's CJ5 in that area also!

Reminds me of a passenger in my jeep waaaay back when assuming the tucked position in case of rollover every time I'd hit any slope - it got to be kinda fun!

Reply to
Busahaulic

Why not?.........A local radio station rigged a toilet up on the back of an Explorer a couple of years back and drove around town like that for an hour, with a guy sitting on it reading the paper..............He survived...........I think......

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®
Reply to