Vw type 3 nos dash on ebay

Hello group. For thse of ou who are interested. there is a nos type 3 variant right hand drive dash on Ebay , The link is below please have a look. Regards

Ken H

(from the eBay text:)

"The dash was painted red to keep the corrosion down in the United Kingdom"

eh? were they bare metal everywhere else then?

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

No, silly. Everywhere else they were painted Yellow.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Not really... only the top was padded, and the rest is painted metal.

Besides, we don't have a humid atmosphere here, so the dashboard of the car is nearly always 100% perfect :-)

In a Beetle, it's usually the heater channels, lower rear gutters, spare wheel well and rear shelf that rust.

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

Sorry, It was my impression ( from the girlfriend that lived there ) that it was always damp.

Maybe she was talking about something totally different....................=-o

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®