Weird Noise when turning on '92 GTi

I have recently noticed that on my 1992 GTi when i turn in either direction i get a distinct wheering noise it is quite irratating and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about what it could be. Thank You

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin22091 via CarKB.com

Ah, this is a VERY well known problem. It's the radiator. Rip it entirely out. Then your car will be air-cooled, sort of, and you can continue to troubleshoot it here. Easy, eh?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Easily solved. Wear earplugs or turn up the music. (That's the kind of thing that happens when you have water in your engine.)

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

So - if you haven't guessed yet - your asking in the wrong group.

If you need water and antifreeze and stuff in your engine you should be asking here

rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

btw, if you get a proper car, please come back and we will be happy to help ;-)

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Your head/neck bearing needs oiling...

Reply to
Juper Wort

Where can I get a 1992 air-cooled GTI? You must have a really rare model. Heh...Now that I think of it, I did have this crazy idea to put a beetle motor in a Golf once......

Reply to
Dave G

"Dave G" schreef in bericht news:29%1f.28449$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Yeah, well somebody was way ahead on you..... Someone at Subaru i believe..

Roger

Reply to
bug '59