westy sink-water pump problem

yoiks! forgot to drain our '82 westy's sink-water tank when moved from tepid calif. to snowy wash. st. and had a big block of ice in there until the ice began melting on its own. the sink-water tank is now drained...but i get only silence when i turn-on the faucet in the sink. does the pump work if it is not submerged in water? the fuses are all ok. wonder if my gaffe was curtains for the sink-water pump (which, as most of you know, resides inside the plastic water tank which serves the sink). any thoughts appreciated. art, '82 westy, spokane

Reply to
Art McGinn

from lack of any response whatsoever, looks like no westy folks on this list. the problem turned out to be a weak pump plus a bad electrical connection. pump replaced (after 24 years) and connection fixed. art

Reply to
Art McGinn