What's wrong with my engine?

..............If a humorous jibe bit a libertarian on the ass, he'd likely pretend that he was a modern day Emma Goldman being persecuted by a vast conspiracy of corporate meanies who want to plunder and pillage throughout the world. As if anybody cares.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Let the market sort it out" is hardly the ideal of someone worried about corperate meanies.

-Matt

Reply to
matthew j henschel

...........Letting the market sort it out means that an act of outright fraud can be a viable marketing strategy. You could bottle up some fake Coca-Cola and the 'marketplace' could determine whether your product is legitimate. The real Coca-Cola company would be prevented from interfering with the 'marketplace' by putting you out of business with an arrest warrant. Why not start marketing your own high blood pressure pills. If they were really just made from sugar, the marketplace could sort it all out. If some of your customers end up dead from the strokes that are caused by their untreated high blood pressure, so be it. Let the market sort it out. Don't even let me get started about Enron.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Read the philosphies of the libertarians. Once you start infringing on other people's rights, you've got problems. Trademarks still apply, etc. I'm not really into debating any of this, as you don't seem to be read on the subject, and politics bore me these days any hows. Seriously though, check out the website and read up on Jefferson a bit, you may find it a lot more interesting and sensible then you had previously thought. They are FAR from being a leftist organization, and are actually a lot closer to the right in terms of fisical ideology then the republicans themselfs. They don't, however, share the crazy Jesus-freak thing, and are FOR individual privacy rights instead of against them.

-Matt

Reply to
matthew j henschel

................I've wasted a good part of my life reading political philosophy. Many years ago, I was even dumb enough to actually waste my time reading Hayek's 'The Road to Serfdom'. You should be more careful about talking down to strangers on usenet. Thomas Jefferson was an elitist planter who pontificated about personal freedom while his dark skinned bretheren were toiling from sun up to sun down to create the material basis for his utopian crap. He never actually did an honest day's work in his life. Jefferson did do some very good things for this country but he wasn't really interested in anything other than wealth and privelege for his kind. His views on foreign policy and international trade almost bankrupted this country and helped bring about the The War of 1812 which almost resulted in the destruction of a then fragile Republic. You're the one who needs to read more and broaden your perspective.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Now -that- sounds like a load of liberal bullshit.

Reply to
matthew j henschel

...................At least now you're not lecturing me about how I should read more.

LOL

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My point was, that Libertarians are SOOO -FAR- from liberals that you obviously haven't read enough about the party. Hell, they make the current republican party look liberal.

now eat your vegatables!!

:-P

-Matt

Reply to
matthew j henschel

....of course this has nothing to do with the two of your pissing match, but seeing as this was the most recent OT political thread on the group I thought I'd lump this here. For those who haven't noticed today marks the 34th aniversarry of the massacre at Kent State. With our current administrative course, I think it is something that we would all do well to reflect upon.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

............Holier than thou conservatives typify what happens when a difficult childbirth results in cerebral hypoxia.

...............Bite me!

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.................Maybe I'll download some Crosby, Stills & Nash tonight and try to remember what I was doing that day. I remember that I was about to leave Florida State in Tallahassee and move to Houston in about a month. It was a different time compared to now. You had to slick your long hair back and use your turn signals while driving through those rural towns in western Florida. I finally went back to short hair in the late seventies when it became mainstream to look like a freak. Today, even Kinky Friedman has cleaned himself up.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

It seems like yesterday. In any event, we've changed. Now _WE_ are armed and dangerous. Lessons learned, an all that crap.

Reply to
jjs

The anthem is "Somethings happenin here. What it is ain't exactly clear. ..." -- Buffalo Springfield.

Anywho, Tim, I'll commune with you in one from here. What was that shit we drank back then? Boone's Farm and Vodka? My friggin head hurts just thinking of it. Makes me want to stand in front of a bunch of untrained National Guard guys or something.

Reply to
jjs

.................Back then, the NG was a refuge for wacked out tough guys who didn't want to go to nam. That might be part of the reason for what happened at Kent State. I thought that the Tallahassee police were very professional and not to be messed with. They sure as hell didn't need any weekend warriors to take care of their business for them.

......There was Mateus Rose', MD2020, Thunderbird, Bali-Hai.............I was poor enough back then to graciously accept whatever alcohol or weed was offered for free...........lol ................And I never did pay for that other thing either which meant that I wasn't always real happy about my situation...........lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers