what should i do to my thing

im poling everyone what i should do to my thing i want to put a turbo engine and a nice sound sytem but i want to know what i should do with it

Reply to
bearfaber

.................Sounds ridiculous but to each his own.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I wonder where that attitude was tucked away back in my "sawsall days," Tim. :-) Oh, and if it's your first car I think it's a HORRIBLE idea to even start to think about something like putting a turbo on it. Just get it to run right/reliably and enjoy it like that. That's what I think, and you asked what people thought. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Sounds like a $14K motor to me... How's your saving account?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

.................You had an 'in your face' attitude back then that made me want to give you some $h!+. Now that you've been yuppified and sanitized into a tanning booth metro-sexual with smelly lotion all over you and live in that covenant restricted upscale neighborhood where a kid can't even have a tree house in the backyard, I figure that you're not as worthy of my constructive advice as you once was back when you butchered that pristine '63 bug.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My attitude has never changed. You've just learned to admire me over the years. Very understandable. :-)

They can have one as long as it's pre-approved by the building committee and it has the same siding on it that's used on your house in an approved color. It's also ok if it's brick as long as your house is brick. Shingles of the same style/color as your house are also required. All electrical, plumbing, and building inspections have to be perfomed and the results reported to the HOA before the children can play in it. So you see, kids *can* have a tree-house in the backyard. Oh, and it can't be more than something like 4 feet off of the ground.

This one?

Shaggie

i agree with the Shagster... first car... get it to run like it should and be reliable, and get to know how the thing works. spend the $$ on replacing

30 year old parts.
Reply to
dragenwagen

As a fellow thing owner, modifications get difficult and cause problems. Things have a lot of Thing specific parts. I've spent more than a year slowly re-assembling a Thing after the previous owners thought they knew better than VW. They also managed to interfere with important things like heat. My advice is don't modify too much, those parts were designed for use in bugs, and while they will bolt up, most of the mod kits just don't work as well for a Thing.

Reply to
Ed B