What size tap for fender nuts

Silly question, but what size tap will I need to clean the threads of the fender nuts after bodywork? The local princess auto has some cheap sets for $7.99, should be good enough to chase out some filler, just want to make sure I know what size I'm looking for.

Mike

Reply to
MK

Standard M8

jan

Reply to
Jan

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Yes, which is standard M8. :)

Jan

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

Reply to
Jan

not to us metric challenged mericans....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Tapped my nuts last night. lol. Thanks for the quick responses.

Reply to
MK