Where Did Everyone Go?

I know. Even 7 or 5 years ago it was still really hopping. I wonder whether if the ISP not offering Usenet access is the culprit or if the air-cooled hobby dropped off that much?

Reply to
Funkie

internet forums are killing Usenet... but they have their advantages, like banning of lowlife scum...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The newfangled web based forums with their graphics and pictures and all the other jazz lured people away from our beloved text-based forum :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey group, nice to see some familiar names still around :)

Sadly none of my ISPs have offered Newsgroup access for the last couple of years, we just have to keep out fingers crossed Google keeps supporting it...

As an update, I still have my '66 1300, but it's no longer used as a daily driver. Currently in hibernation in a nice, warm, cosy garage until the summer. I sold my daily driver '75 1303S last Jan, and decided to have a bit of a change so bought a '79 Triumph Dolomite Sprint! So I still get a chance to keep my fingers oily :)

I guess my '66 never, ever goes wrong, but that's mainly due to the help and support I've had from RAMVA over the years :)

Howard Rose

see supernews.com

Not at all expensive. Very reliable. And it crosses all borders.

Reply to
John J

'Newsgroups at news.motzarella.org' Totally free and works great. You do need to register once, but you can spoof it via any webmail service or one of those use-once addys if sceptical.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Good to see you, Mr. Rose.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I'm still around, even though I drove myself over the edge finally...

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

really nice Les!... I wonder if I'm the only one that wants to see you go the other way at the falls? LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You got a roll-bar in there? My brother, Chris in Colrado, is a rock-climbing fanatic. I tried it years ago in a CJ7 with a 401V8. Exploded the clutch. Literally. Just because it bolted right up up didn't mean it was gonna work.

BTW - OT, but I am buying Butcher Boy back next month.

John J

I don't think I'd have a chance of going back up... It takes a decent

4x4 with locked differentials to make it up. Some roll overs going up and down it from time to time.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

No roll bar, but everything I do off-road is low speed... 1st gear, and that's running an 002 bus transaxle with the 5.38 ring and pinion.

Very cool. Still my favorite bike from RMH...

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Long and short of it is Mario scared everyone away.

Reply to
ryan68bug

Ahh excellent! Now I have Newsgroups set up on my phone!

Reply to
Howard Rose