Which books are better than...

Hi Folks,

Which books are better than "How to Rebuild Your Volkswagen Air-Cooled Engine, by Tom Wilson"? My original copy has gone missing, so before I order another, I'd like to hear if there are better alternatives.

Thanks!

CROQ

i just finished rebuilding the 1500 in my 67 using tom's book. i recommend it. if you're doing a 36 hp engine vw trends did a 36 rebuild series a few years ago.

Reply to
paul horvath

you mean which video is better than a book? ;)

highly highly reccomended !

-George

CROQ wrote:

Reply to
still in primer

I use: the Robert Haynes Beetle manual for my 1973 VW Beetle. the Official VW Owners Service Manual by Robert Bently - not sure of actual title. The How To Keep Your VW Alive book by John Muir a Beetle manual by Clymer the Bug Me videos by Rick Higgins I also have the Chilton manuals but don't use them much. I would have to say I use the Robert Haynes Beetle manual, the Robert Bently manual and the Bug Me Videos the most. I hope this helps! jp73vwbttl

Reply to
Josef