Window Scrapers

Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to install window scrapers (inside and outside) on a beetle. The incompetent mechanics that I brought the car to weren't able and kept saying I have the wrong part, meanwhile the one they took out looks exactly like the ones I bought :P

Thanks for any info.

Mike C.

Reply to
Mike C.

The glass has to come out first. Then you will see the tiny square shaped holes inside the metal that wasn't visible when the window scraper was in place. The scraper attaches to these little holes with spring clips (flat strips of springy metal that are bent to shape). About maybe 5-6 on each piece.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

see my page...

The important thing I learned was not to buy CHEAP parts. It makes a difference in how easy they are to install. good luck

Reply to
Mel P.

Well, not "out" so much as down lower than normal... which is accomplished by unbolting the crank mechanism... it'll give you the extra amount needed.

Reply to
Red Bug

Righ, that's what I meant :) Out of the way. Thanks..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You might also have to take out the wing window to get the outer scraper with its chrome trim in there

Reply to
Cletus