WTB 36HP Okrasa heads and oil sump

I thought I'd ask here too because these are not off-the-shelf parts you can just order anywhere...

I am looking for a pair of decent Okrasa heads for a 36hp (euro 30hp) beetle engine, and a Berg oil sump for the same. Berg says the sumps are on backorder, no idea when they would be available. A very good quality other brand sumps may be ok, if they even exist :D

Thanks,

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

"Jan Andersson" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Hi Jan,

For the US this link might help you...

For EU i think Alejandro Martin is the man to contact. His E-mail adres is on a picture on this link below. (don't want to feed the spy bots)
Of course searching in the SAMBA will help too (if not already done) Hope this helps, but exspect to spent a LOT... ;o)

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Contacted Joe already, no luck.

Thanks, just emailed him.

No luck there.

I found a pair for $4500, so far that's a bit too much for my guy ;)

Thanks!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Why? For an historical sake? That would be cool. But they Okrasa things are rather dated.

And I write this with respect, Jan. Simply wondering.

Reply to
<jjs>

I have a 'customer' who I'm trying to find these for. More and more people are getting into the old school performance thing. It's just cool, nostalgic even, and not what everyone else is doing.

Some people want to keep their engine period correct, and just bump up the performance a little to keep up with traffic. Judsons etc are also nice eyecatchers at shows.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I have a new 30 Hp engine waiting to get installed in my '59. I want to drive it for a year and then ultimately put a Judson in it. Indeed very cool and very rare. AND no less inportant... affordable. Okrasa is very sweet but too expensive..

I've spoken to Alejandro Martin in SPA Franchorchamps once. Very kind person with heaps of knowledge.

Luck, Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Someone on our local forum has just 'aquired' a pair of these . I took your 4500 and halved it as a suggested sale price ...

here is a link

Might or might not be any help ...

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

If he decides to sell, I'm interested...

Jan bugfuel@rocketmail dot com

Reply to
Jan Andersson
30hp) > beetle engine, and a Berg oil sump for the same. Berg says th sumps are > on backorder, no idea when they would be available > A very good quality other brand sumps may be ok, if they even exis : >

Hello, I have a pair of these as Rich has mentioned

Please feel free to email or PM me for more details. I have OKRAS heads with manifolds and the solex carbs to match. The heads ar crack tested and in excellent condition

Kind regards, Be

Reply to
Rattyben