wtb: bus

looking for a clean running bus in or close to illinois wanted to spend no more than 1500 jeff

Reply to
Chips4sle

I did a search on Auto Trader for the state of Illinois for VWs from 68-79 from $100-$1500 and only 2 came up. A 74 Ghia, and a 77 Beetle. Ghia did not look to bad for $1500. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

I thought I just saw one or two not too far from chicago on Ebay

1971

1986 Vanagon

not sure about reserves nor conditions! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

This won't help you find a bus, but I like to reminisce. About ten years ago my wife and I moved to Indiana. I left my Bug behind in Texas and was missing driving a VW. I found a '77 Pop-top Bus at a used car lot outside of town for $600. I learned to drive it in the snow (an oddity for a Texan) and ended up driving it across country back to Texas without doing any real work on it. I loved that bus. A few years later I ended up getting into a wreck with an 18-wheeler with it and was still able to drive it home pretty smashed up. Good luck finding a bus as they truly are more than just transportation.

Reply to
Crimson*