WTF is FPT?

(Not FTP, Travis. :))

Okay, I think I know AN fittings. ( -1 AN = 1/16" inch so AN -8 = 1/2")

And I know what an NPT fitting is, but looking at alternatives for an oil-filter relocator (mount) I see FPT for some models intended for American cars.

WTF is FPT?

Reply to
J Stafford

-------------------------- Female Pipe Thread

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:01:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@stafford.net (J Stafford), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

FPT: Fine Pitch Technology

I have no idea, but it's not a TCP protocol for transferring files that uses port 21 to control the connection and port 20 for the data flow. :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Now you are offending me........I hate it when work slithers in with my VW reading! LOL

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

Reply to
TerryB

Yes, that's what I found, too. Different pitches. Which is probably why some manufacturers supply their own hose adapters and others use NPT ->

AN. IMHO, AN is the only way to go.

Reply to
J Stafford