Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which automatic fluid?
This is for the real T3 auto, not the beetle clutchless. The oil I used to use has gone off the market thoughts on which one is best these days? Many thanks John

Oh no!!!!!!
2
2

Beach Wear - Garment
Find Beach Wear,Beach Wear Manufacturers,Beach Wear Suppliers,Beach Wear Exporters,Beach Wear Importers. Trade Leads by Manufacturers,Suppliers,Exporters, & Importers of Beach Wear. For More About...
1
1

Frugal Personalized Plate
did you hear about the guy that couldn't afford a Personalized license plate, so he changed his name to RLR 406 Happy St. Patty's Day.

End of the VW Taxi
Anyone in here ever get a ride in one? Robert
1
1

Whats it cost.
To restore a VW air-cooled these days. A few scenarios . A disassembled rolling good body bug. With and without a motor. One with welded in rust repair panels. that needs assembled and painted. Not...
5
5

Restoring a 71 Vert
Hello new friends- I'm restoring a 1971 Super Vert, and I'm having some engine trouble. Hoping you find citizens will be able to provide some insight. I've set the points and the timing...but when the...
4
4

Air vs coil
I am a retired Pastor trying something new. I just acquired a V W Beetle/dune buggy. Apparently the kids who tried to build it couldn't figure out how to raise the body of the dune buggy up from the V...
2
2

Today's hint;
well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot to thread the accelerator cable as it went in. So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as the original...
2
2

Someone is restoring my 67 Frannie!!!! Link to pics
OMG!! I was just contacted by a guy in Finland, someone told him I once owned his newly bought 67 beetle... true enough! He wanted engine specs. My Frannie is alive! And WELL! Being restored right...
6
6

Valve Guide erosion
On two intake valve guides No.2 and 4 under the valve the guide is rounded off like eroded. one valve got stuck open. that's why I pulled the heads. The other guides are just perfect. this is a type 2...
2
2

So it's been a decade...
Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a...
19
19

Cuban Combi,s
Watched a travel show on Cuba and there was a bay window Combi which appeared to have a black radiator grille in the front panel. As opposed to having a radiator hanging off the bull bar with hoses to...
2
2

71 Ghia Convertible top latch replacement
Is it just those 2 screws, or is there something hidden whereas the top needs to come off to replace the latch? I don't want to get into something I possibly can't finish. Thanks,

Ball Joint Q.
How difficult is it to press out/in ball joints ? '71 Ghia.
4
4