02 V40 Trans oil 54000 miles

I had Volvo do a flush recently, but I want to drain and put in a filter. The manual says 8 quarts, but is there oil left in the torque converter so you cant just dump in 2 gallons oil, its actualy less?

I cant find a replacement filter online, does this 5 speed auto have one inside it? Everyone says no.

Is there a transmission drain plug on the pan for easy drains like Toyota? I shift higher and hard when cold and sometimes slip on takeoff. I can wait till it breaks but new oil has helped with other cars so I want to do the only thing I know I can do or that I think can be done, that is put in new oil again.

Reply to
ransley