1986 240 re-manufactured steering rack

A buddy of mine has a defective rack in his 240 and needs a good replacement. Something like a re-manufactured one with a steel sleeve inside would be great, but he'll take what he can get.

Any tips as to a good place to get one from?

(My 91 240's steering rack has me worried so this is a mutual inquiry)

Reply to
Douglas
1: Your local Volvo dealer 2: Any Good auto parts store i.e.: AutoZone
Reply to
G Klein

fcpgroton.com sells a remanufactured rack for $189 / $199, price depending on your Volvo's model year. Lifetime warranty.

I'd also have a look ad ipdusa.com to see if they stock it.

My shop replaced the rack on my '86 240. It lasted about two years, and was replaced again under a lifetime warranty. That part was from neither of the above sources, to the best of my knowledge.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ To send email, remove all < > and [ ] and the junk ~ between: [brucepick1] < a~t > [comcast.net]

Douglas wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Pick