1989 240 Gl brake question

Just your basic 1989 240. All of a sudden im getting a sound when I hit the brakes. Its not a metal on metal sound, not your usual brake sqeel sound, more like a "shhhht sshhhtt shhhht" sound. sometimes it happens, somtimes it doesnt. Been happening more frequently. Doesnt happen when I brake going fast, does happen in normal braking speed. I can not feel any brake contact or grinding from the brake pedal. any thoughts?

Reply to
PETER MITCHELL

Peter, I've once had the sound you describe, took me ages to find it - on my motor, a 740 gl with alloys, it was the centre chromey, stainless trims trying to carry on spinning, while the wheels were slowing down, if your wheels have the same chromey centres, try taking them off.

Best wishes, Ken

Reply to
Ken Phillips