1990 240 has 225,000 miles: who can top that?

I had an '86 240GLT auto estate which had done 468k when I traded it in for my first 940. Only reason for px it was the paint and laquer peeling so bad my wife was embarassed to travel in it. I did most of those miles myself. It still drove perfectly, never ever had any problems. Interior was perfect, even the leather seats. One time while caravaning helped a chap who had camped on a steep slope. His 4x4 couldn't move his huge van without sliding down the hill. Initially he didn't beleive I could help, not haveing a 4x4 and all, but soon proved him wrong. Combination of technique and a superb volvo brick, still wreckon best car ever made, got the van out of the field without a problem. Then came the 4x4, he had slid too far down the hill beacause of the heavy rain and got stuck. Joined a number of ropes together and using the sandstone gatepost winched him back up the field into the lane with the volvo, to an amazing round of cheers from the other campers. Egg on his face but grateful. This was when it had 464k on it and all original. Brilliant car wish I had never parted with it.

Reply to
Dave

the 940 is a nice volvo...on my 2nd one, 1993 940t > 250,000 miles on it...runs strong and true...no rattles when x'ing the rr tracks @ 75 mph.....nice steering and front end...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

in article snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, storitman at snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote on 7/19/05 7:19 AM:

Nah, my '92 only has 145K! We live out in the country, and unless i'm buzzing up the logging roads in my Jeep or hauling the family around in our adventure-mobile, a mid-90's Land Cruiser, I am driving that 240. So it will, knock on wood, keep on accumulating the miles at a good clip.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen