Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ScanGauge OBD2 Scanner /Has anyone bought one?
I am curious if anyone has purchased one of these. They look great as far as utility goes, but are they all they are cracked up to be? Any info would be appreciated. aaron

New s80
Take a look at the video about the way they made the straight six so small and tell me you don't shudder to think of the cost of replacement for an alternator, or god forbid something the integrated...
1
1

1993 940 Gas Gauge
Hi all, In my 1993 940, I seem to be having a curious problem with the gas gauge. It consistently reads about 2 US GAL less than it should...and if the car hasn't been run in a while, it will read...
2
2

V70 Car Alarm - Modifing to Full Closure?
I have a 1998 UK spec V70 Classic with the standard fit Volvo alarm system activated by the keyfob. Is it possible to modify this alarm system to full closure i.e shuts the electric windows (if open)...
2
2

FS: 1991 940 GLE This is a UK car for sale in the UK
This is an ad for a UK car for sale in the UK incase anyone else comes here is from the UK. The car is based in Buckinghamshire UK 1991 Volvo 940 GLE estate in Blue with blue cloth interior. 12 months...

1995 volvo 850
The heater only works on position 4. The aircon compressor cuts in and out when you switch it on. Any ideas? Thanks
1
1

1990 240 wagon running hot??
Hello, my 1990 240 DL wagon's temperature gauge gets up near the red zone after idleing on a hot day for 20 minutes or so. I have flushed out the coolant, and after suspecting there was an air bubble...
9
9

1991 240 hot start problem
I think that I'm having a starter problem (again!!). On hot days (mid-90's and above) after the car sits for 20 minutes or longer, it won't crank. If I leave the key on and jump the connections on the...
2
2

Crankshaft Seal 1998 S70
How expensive or difficult is it to repair a crankshaft seal on a 1998 S70? thanks in advance aaron

FS: Volvo S70/C70 Air Pump Solenoid Valve [New]
FS: Volvo S70/C70 Air Pump Solenoid Valve [New] I'm willing to sell this for $60 US + S&H. (Contact me at 98prelude(at) Reason for selling : I ordered the wrong part

B230F losing oil
Our constantly ignored but alway ticking 93 940 wagon is losing oil. I don't even know how much. It's my younger son's drive. Yesterday I asked hime to check oil. He had to add 2 qts. of Mobile 1 to...
6
6

My Walmart Oil Change From Hell
I just went through the oil change from hell. I figured Walmart could at least change the oil and filter on my S80. WRONG! After waiting for an hour and twenty minutes they inform me they don't have...
51
51

Painting advice - blend the colur and remove the line
Hello paint experts, I started this as a summer project. I had stone chip damaged in my Volvo's hood and I wanted to paint only the front section. So, I followed the painting technique(sanding,...
1
1

240 Ignition problems
I have a 1992 240 wagon, a Canadian model. Lately, it's occasionally given me some grief that is difficult for me to describe to the mechanic, and of course it doesn't misbehave for them. They've had...
6
6

Mike F: EGR advice please . . . . .
Hi Mike, I've never done this, but I'd sure appreciate any info you could help me with. I might use this method: do I have to actually take the throttle body off? Can't I just remove the 2 - 8mm bolts...
2
2