240 Sedan owners: Are 15" winter tires better than 14" - everything else being equal?

A question for 240 owners (mine is sedan & automatic): I could get Volvo 14" rim for free and use it for winter tires. Or I could buy

15" rim and tires.

What I would like to know from owners of 240 who ever got a chance to try both sizes, (or have enough experience to provide a suggestion), is there a benefit to using 15" over 14", if everything else remains the same? Or can I cheat and get bigger/larger tires to offset the smaller 14" rim?

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Patrick

Well, since nobody replied, then I guess it doesn't make any difference, though I have a preference for 15". So I'll go with the

14". Thanks for your help...
Reply to
Patrick

There probably won't be any noticeable difference. If you use the same size wheels as your summers, (assuming steel wheels), then you'll be able to use your hubcaps. I always used 15" snows on my 240s simply because the tires were originally bought for my 145 (15" wheels back then), so I needed 15" wheels for them. Then when they needed replacing, I had 15" wheels, and needed 15" tires. Etc. etc.

Reply to
Mike F