244GLE Radio

Hi all.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to take out my original 244Gle radio & replace it with a cd player.I have opened the sides of the console part where the radio is sitting but I cant seem to find where to disconnect it.Has anyone else done this with thier car I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks from Melissa

Reply to
Melissa Griffiths

I replaced the radio in many 244's.

There may be side screws holding the radio in place.

You will need a faceplate to mount the new CD/radio and the faceplate will attach to the console.

Melissa Griffiths wrote:

Reply to
bfiske

Is this the lower position down by the gearshift? If so, in my case it seems I had to remove the knobs from the radio, remove the nuts around the shafts, then pull off the faceplate, then remove the front of the console and then I could remove the old radio. I got a mounting kit from Crutchfield to put the new one in and it looks darn near factory. Those Blaupunkt CD players made around 2000 with the nice plain black faceplate and green illuminated display are amoung the nicest cosmetically that I've seen anywhere recently.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm not sure where abouts in the world you are, but you can buy the faceplate adaptor and an adaptor for the wiring harness in Halfords. It's then is a matter of unplugging the old radio and plugging in the new.

Reply to
David Balfour

She's in Australia.

Melissa, if changing the radio is the only work you'll ever do on the car yourself, then this won't help; otherwise, you're going to need a workshop manual anyway, aboutA$60 + p&p from

Cheers

Andrew

David Balfour wrote:

Reply to
Andrew McKenna

Cool thanks for the replies.I am in Australia & have since put in my new CD player.Thanks & it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be.

Reply to
Melissa Griffiths