760 volvo ----inside drivers door trim replacement

I've got to replace the plastic trim (the section you grab to close the door) on the drivers door of an 86-760 wagon. I've got no idea how to remove the inside door panel to get the section out. Also, the electric seat control box is not working and the Volvo dealership tell me that the control box is a "no servicable part", does anyone know how to get into that box to recondition the contacts. Cheers...George (Vancouver Island)

Reply to
george farquharson

Go to this link:

Scroll onto the appropriate sections.

It's all there.

Reply to
Mr. V

As I recall... Look at the bottom of the door panel. You will find clips that simply pull out. Once those are out and you remove the door opener knob (look for the rubber plug with a screw underneath) you can just pop the panel off and rotate up for the window edge.

Please weigh in if I forgot anything.

Switches can be cleaned. My work perfectly since I did them two years ago.

Good luck

Reply to
don b.

Pop out the little white clips: pry them with a small screwdriver.

Pop out the red lens near the door latch, then remove the clip (grab with pliers, it slides out), then pop out light assembly and disconnect wire.

Remove lock pull barrel.

Remove rubber plug, then remove phillips screw on door opener mechanism; then carefully pry out plastic surround.

Remove screw at top left of speaker area (doesn't hold in speaker: holds in the door trim).

Pop off the trim from the surround on sides and bottom of door, using hands or flat tool.

Carefully lift off trim, and discconnect wires to speaker and to door lock.

Voila'.

Reply to
Mr. V