'83 Volvo exhaust manifold......

I have an '83 Volvo 242DL with a cracked exhaust manifold. Can I continue to operate this car without causing any kind of damage to it?

Reply to
alpharat

That's a dangerous carbon monoxide leak, just get a new manifold, should be under $50 at any junkyard, maybe much less if you can find a U-pull place. Buy a set of new gaskets while you're at it, replacement is an afternoon job requiring only basic hand tools, though a propane or mapp gas torch is a real help getting the nuts off.

Reply to
James Sweet

To amplify James Sweet's warning about carbon monoxide (since this is ahead of the catalytic converter), I had a run-in with CO about 20 years ago. I had all the symptoms except death. Believe me, it is no fun.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee