850 Windscreen change?

I am thinking about having my windscreen on a 1996 850 station wagon changed at a non-Volvo repair shop. Does changing the screen need any interference with the airbag systems (SRS)?

Reply to
viktor

Why would you think that? I'm not an expert on 850s but I can't see how it would be connected.

I had my 96 940 windscreen changed by an aftermarket company using insurance. They just cut it out and glued in a new one, after removing the trim. The car will need some shelter while they do it, and an hour or 2 to settle after.

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

"Tony" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:enu8al$an0$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

There was something written about SRS on the windscreen near the left edge. So I thought it might mean some kind of warning when working on the glass.

That is what is just being done.

Thanks for your input Viktor

Reply to
viktor

The windshield is designed to support the passenger side airbag when it deploys. So if it's not up to spec, or not glued in properly, then the airbag will blow it out, and the passenger will not be properly restrained. However, any auto glass place will know this.

Reply to
Mike F

"Mike F" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@allsttream.nett...

Thank you for the information. I am confident that the body repair shop which did the job, knows that. I did not know that, since that is my first car with air bags.

Reply to
viktor