89 240 GL air flow meter

Hey all new to this group

I just got a 89 240 GL with an Air flow meter problem, it runs real bad when its hooked up. When its disconnected it seems to run fine,but used alot of gas.

I read in past post about cleaning the air flow meter. Is this possible or should I just replace it?

Thanks Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Usually you have to replace it, there's nothing to lose by cleaning it though.

Reply to
James Sweet

I would go to a U Pull It and find a used one.

Before you go, write down the particular number of yours, and find one that matches.

Very simple to replace.

Reply to
Mr. V