91 240 No start

A couple weeks ago I went to start the car and it started to kick over like it was going to start then nothing. The battery is good and it turns over fast and jumped it with another car, but no start.

I have changed the coil and ICU/ignition amplifier/power stage (had spares) with no joy, a new fuel pump relay is on the way (can't hear the fuel pump come on in the trunk or the relay click). It has a fairly new in tank fuel pump and fuel filter so I don't think those are the problem.

Any ideas?

TIA Mike

Reply to
Mike M

broken timing belt? You mentioned that it turned over FAST, and that's how it would sound with much of the valve train disabled! Been there, done that....

to see if it's fuel-related, you might try spraying a little starting fluid into the intake manifold and then trying to start the car... if it fires and briefly runs, your problem is fuel delivery, not ignition.....

Reply to
Perry Noid

Reply to
athol

Reply to
Paul Clark

Well I got some good ideas from you folks and I thank you all.

No one mentioned an IQ test though..All I'm going to say about this is be sure and check your fuses real well..

I really thought I had looked at them carefully, but another inspection today revealed a broken fuse in the #4 spot (fuel injection fuse). Swapped it out with a matcing fuse and the old beast fired up on the first crank.

Thanks again. Mike

Reply to
Mike M