92 245 Heater valve

How do I change heater valve in my 1992 245 wagon?

Reply to
Rick Shockley

Pick up a Haynes (pretty good) or Bentley (excellent) service manual for the car, it shows you how. The job is not particularly difficult, should be under 2 hours if you take your time.

Reply to
James Sweet

_____ That is true if you can find an original Volvo style thermostatically controlled heater valve. They are no longer available, at least not in Canada. I wound up installing a new valve (made by ScanTech) from FCP Groton in my 1981 Volvo 240 wagon. It leaked so badly i had to remove it again. I sent it back for a refund. Eventually i was able to find a new valve for a VW Rabbit that worked well enough. If you need more details plus photos about the procedure, please let me know.

Reply to
jch