93 940 wagon alloy wheel

Found the rear passenger side alloy wheel severely bent on the inside. Strangely there was no leak. If I didn't remove it to change the brake caliper because of the stuck piston I found last week, I never would have noticed it.

Now I need to replace the 20 spoke alloy wheel. What's a good source of these wheels?

Reply to
yaofeng

You might find one at an upper scale junkyard, but it likely won't be cheap. Have you looked into getting the wheel repaired? There's a few places that specialize in fixing damaged alloy wheels, some of them do a pretty good job.

Reply to
James Sweet

Found one at a junkyard through

$75 plus $15 shipping. It is B grade. Which means there are someblemishes but no curb scratches. I was very surprised the tire didn'tleak. The bend was very significant and there is a big gap between therim and tire wall. The first thing I did was to pund it in with a 4 lbhammer. I don't know was it because of my pounding or before I did. Isaw a four inch crack an inch and a half away from the edge in thecircumferential dircetion near the damage. Still tire pressure holds.At that point I thought it has to be replaced.

Reply to
yaofeng

Reply to
Clay

Perhaps, though I've seen rims with fairly substantial chunks broken out of them repaired. They weld in a new section of aluminum, grind it to shape and then refinish the wheel.

Reply to
James Sweet