Volvo, VW, same first letter, same fuel injection problem. : )

Hi folks... I (also) have a 1982 air cooled, fuel injected transporter van.

For a couple of years now the battery will go flat after a few days. I inserted a multimeter between the battery and one lead, removed all fuses and made sure nothing else was powered (it has no clock for instance).

Sure enough, there was still a current draw - about 130mA. So back to the engine bay I went... I unplugged every plug, wire & harness one at a time. The culprit was in the last one I unplugged - (amazing how that always happens to me, how about anyone else?) : )

Anyway - the fault is in the Jetronic fuel injection box. I *think* it's an LH Jetronic, since the injectors are powered, so it can't be K-Jet. Anyway, I removed the cable from injection box socket, no current draw. Replace, 130mA drain again.

I don't suppose this is a common fault, or anyone would know what faulty component I should be looking for?

Allan

Reply to
(Just) Allan

The step that gives a response is usually the last step anyone takes in a diagnistics procedure, unless he starts out thinking there may be more than one problem.

Reply to
Marvin

Reply to
John Robertson

What difference does it make? None of the people who used forced labor have anything to do with the companies today. Can't blame someone for bad things their anscestors did, though many try.

Reply to
James Sweet

So by the same token we shouldn't buy anything made in Australia as your sncestors are all criminals? You talk some crap.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

I think that some people are forgetting that VW was resurrected after the war by the British Army. Once they were up and going again VW was handed back to German ownership.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Reply to
John Robertson