940 seat reupholster

Now that I'm looking for another 940 I'm finding cars that may be in pretty good condition mechanically but many times the interiors especially the drivers seat is very worn.

A coworker had his nissan seats recovered with a replacement kit. It is an exact reupholster cover that made the seat a good as new! The price wasn't bad either. I've looked but can't find the same product offered for a Volvo 940 seat. Other older Volvos perhaps but, not the 940. Even though the 940 is now 12 years old at best!

Has anyone else needed this and found a source for 940 reupholster kits?

don b.

Reply to
don b.

I've seen the info you posted. As much as I love the information listed on Swedishbricks.com we have to look at the fact that many of the solutions (ie:prices) are far out of date. And, I'm not aware of any updates to the Swedishbrick.com in years. I wish we would build upon such a wonderful resource!

I was asking if anyone had found a reupholstery kit such as the ones offered for many other cars to replace and in some cases improve the interior styling of a car.

Reply to
don b.

I'm not aware of a kit, but some people have had luck having seats redone by an auto upholstery shop. IIRC it was around $250/seat, but they come out looking brand new.

Reply to
James Sweet

I got a chance to talk to my coworker. Katskin was the product he used. Got great results. Unfortunately Volvo doesn't seem to be high on their priority list. Especially older models.

Reply to
don b.

WOW! I checked with an upholstery shop today. I was quoted $935 US per seat! I gotta shop around a bit but WOW!

Reply to
don b.

mercy upon the poor who hope in Him.

"Yet Zion dared to say: The Lord hath forsaken me, and hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? but if she forget, yet will not I forget thee, O Sion. I will bear thee always between my hands, and thy walls are continually before me. They that shall build thee are come, and thy destroyers shall go forth of thee. Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold; all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament. Thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and the children thou shalt have after thy barrenness shall say again in thy ears: The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell. Then shalt thou say in thy heart: Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been? And the Lord shall say to thee: Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people; and they shall bring thy sons in their arms and in their bosoms. And kings shall be their nursing fathers, and queens their nursing mothers; they shal

Reply to
James Sweet

But religion has never suffered this, or practised it. Indeed, there must be these compromises or miracles. It is not strange to be saved by yieldings, and this is not strictly self-preservation; besides, in the end they perish entirely. None has endured a thousand years. But the fact that this religion has always maintained itself, inflexible as it is, proves its divinity.

615. Whatever may be said, it must be admitted that the Christian religion has something astonishing in it. Some will say, "This is because you were born in it." Far from it; I stiffen myself against it for this very reason, for fear this prejudice bias me. But, although I am born in it, I cannot help finding it so.

616. Perpetuity.--The Messiah has always been believed in. The tradition from Adam was fresh in Noah and in Moses. Since then the prophets have foretold him, while at the same time foretelling other things, which, being from time to time fulfilled in the sight of men, showed the truth of their mission, and consequently that of their promises touching the Messiah. Jesus Christ performed miracles, and the Apostles also, who converted all the heathen; and all the prophecies being thereby fulfilled, the Messiah is for ever proved.

617. Perpetuity.--Let us consider that since the beginning of the world the expectation of worship of the Messiah has existed uninterruptedly; that there have been found men who said that God had revealed to them that a Redeemer was to be born, who should save His people; that Abraham came afterwards, s
Reply to
don b.

maintained amongst our people, by their holding frequent private religious meetings; and all sorts are generally worshipping God at such meetings on Sabbath-nights, and in the evening after our public lecture. Many children in the town still keep up such meetings among themselves. I know of no one young person in the town who has returned to former ways of looseness and extravagance in any respect; but we still remain a reformed people, and God has evidently made us a new people.

I cannot say that there has been no instance of any one person who has conducted himself unworthily; nor am I so vain as to imagine that we have not been mistaken in our good opinion concerning any; or that there are none who pass amongst us for sheep, that are indeed wolves in sheep's clothing; and who probably may, some time or other, discover themselves by their fruits. We are not so pure, but that we have great cause to be humbled and ashamed that we are so impure; nor so religious, but that those who watch for our halting, may see things in us, whence they may take occasion to reproach us and religion. But in the main, there has been a great and marvellous work of conversion and sanctification among the people here; and they have paid

Reply to
don b.

has established prayer.

  1. To communicate to His creatures the dignity of causality.

  1. To teach us from whom our virtue comes.

  2. To make us deserve other virtues by work.

(But to keep His own pre-eminence, He grants prayer to whom He pleases.)

Objection: But we believe that we hold prayer of ourselves.

This is absurd; for since, though having faith, we cannot have virtues, how should we have faith? Is there a greater distance between infidelity and faith than between faith and virtue?

Merit. This word is ambiguous.

Meruit habere Redemptorem.78

Meruit tam sacra membra tangere.79

Digno tam sacra membra tangere.80

Non sum dignus.81

Qui manducat indignus.82

Dignus est accipere.83

Dignare me.84

God is only bound according to His promises. He has promised to grant justice to prayers; He has never promised prayer only to the children of promise.

Saint Augustine has distinctly said that strength would be taken away from the righteous. But it is by chance that he said it; for it might have happened that the occasion of saying it did not present itself. But his principles make us see that, when the occasion for it presented itself, it was impossible that he should not say it, or that he should say anything to the contrary. It is then rather that he was forced to say it, when the occasion presented itself, than that he said it, when the occasion presented itself, the one being of necessity, the other of chance. But the two are all that we can ask.

514. "Work out your own salvation with fear."

Proofs of prayer. Petenti dabitur.[85]

Therefore it is in our power to ask. On the other hand, there is God. So it is not in our power, since the obtaining of (the grace) to pray to Him is

Reply to
don b.