99 V70 SW Clock problems

My wife's V70 is having trouble with the clock in the speedo cluster. if the car is off for a period of more than a few hoursa the clock resets to 1200. if it is shut off for shorter time, the clock keeps consistant though incorrect time. any thouts on what can be going on?

thanks for your help.

cliff hubbard

Reply to
hubmachine

Obvious answer first.. have you spoken to your Volvo dealer? They can check that the latest sw is downloaded to the relevant dash module.

My trip reset once or twice and when I mentioned it to my dealer they said there was a known issue whereby the trip reset to zero after 621 miles (1000 km). I would guess that it was actually counting 0-999 in km, but converting to miles for the display, hence the premature rollover to zero. They are downloading the software update when it goes in for a service next week and will check if there are any other updates required for other components.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener