A few minor niggles with my 940

Howdy y'all,

You may remember from a previous post that I am now the proud owner of a 940 SE Turbo Wagon, lovely car that has a few niggles:

Indicators - after a short period driving, they stop working Fuel economy - wow, it's as thirsty as my old Jag, I am surprised to say the least. Motor - very cammy when cold

Ho hum, looks like I'll have to dust off my spanners........

Reply to
Lynyrd Skinhead

Replace the flasher, my dad's 242 had the same problem, not sure where it's located on a 940 but probably by the fuse box.

Fuel economy, well what mileage are you getting? I would expect around 25 mpg on the highway from that car, maybe a bit better with a light foot. Since you say the motor behaves strangely when cold I would say it definitly needs a tuneup, that motor should idle silky smooth at any temperature. Remove the throttle body and clean it out real well and reinstall with a new (cheap) gasket. Make sure you clean out any hose nipples and other passages on it. Check the condition and gap of the plugs, and the wires, cap and rotor. Have a look at the air filter and replace if needed. Also check the tire pressure, if it's low it's amazing how much fuel economy it can sap away.

Reply to
James Sweet