add a sunroof

can i put a sliding sunroof in my 91 240 wagon

Reply to
rick shockley

Hi Rick,

I believe the 240 wagon has a steel beam in the roof which would interfere with a sliding sunroof. Pity............. but comforting in the event of a rollover.....

Some owners have fitted a non-sliding / tilting / removable sunroof.

Good Luck. Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

There are companies that can/will put a sliding glass roof in just about anything. I've seen a couple of 240 wagons so equipped, one with no dome light that didn't look so good, one that had the dome light repositioned that looked very professional. This is pretty expensive, and as to what structure they have to remove, and what would happen in a side impact or rollover is anyone's guess. Keep in mind the factory never put a sunroof in a 240 wagon.

Reply to
Mike F