aftermarket brake rotors any good? '92 240

I need to get some new front brake rotors. The "premium" aftermarket ones are less than half the price of Volvo parts. Are the Volvo rotors significantly better?

Thanks!

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

Here in Britain, I bought a front set(vented) off Eurocarparts for £15.00 for the set a few years ago. Volvo wanted £300 fitted. The £15.00 set are still on the car after 100,000 miles. I think that says it. The only difference between the two was that the Volvo ones had Volvo printed on them after the number printed round the hub area..

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I use Bembro on my Volvo but I also use Volvo brake pads this combo seems to work well I also find that the bembro rotors are cheaper then the Volvo rotors even with the discount that is given to the trade

Reply to
G Klein

NO.

USE VOLVO ONLY.

And I hate the friggin' dealer, but after 4 volvos, i can say that the aftermarket rotors are junk.

Reply to
L.A.

That depends on which "aftermarket" rotors you're talking about. I can get Brembo or ATE rotors in boxes that say Brembo or ATE for a whole lot less than the very same rotors in Blue boxes that say Volvo.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Bradley

Any reputable name brand rotors should work just fine for you.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Maybe I didn't explain it enough.

"Here in Britain, I bought a front set(vented) off Eurocarparts for £15.00 for the set a few years ago. Volvo wanted £300 fitted. The £15.00 set are still on the car after 100,000 miles. I think that says it. The only difference between the two was that the Volvo ones had Volvo printed on them after the number printed round the hub area."

What I meant by "number printed round the hub" was it was identical to the Volvo part, except that Volvo was not printed on the hub, but it was made in the same factory. Get the picture? Same number. Same part. Smaller price.

Reply to
Stuart Gray