Aircon fix

Just thought I'd share this

Aircon was not working on my 2000 V70 classic - mate who's an aircon engineer topped it up but it hardly took any - still not working. In the meantime I bought a OBD tester/reader/eraser from eBay for my Jag XJ sport - plugged it into the Volvo to see if it would communicate, it did and came up with a code that corresponded to an aircon sensor pressure fault - reset the fault code and hey presto!!! working aircon and it's been ice cold for over a week.

Just in case you are chasing a gremlin in your aircon - check the OBDII faults,

Cheers,

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

I bet you just saved yourself a TON of money, since just about any shop could have really hammered you for unnecessary parts and without that knowledge you gained, they could have replaced or made up any story to make money off that fix.

Nice work!

Reply to
vinran1