Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tail Light Lenses Melt - 940 Wagon
Does anyone else have this problem? My 1994 940 Wagon has issues with the tail light lens assemblies. It appears that the heat from the bulbs melts the plastic and causes the metal contacts to receed....
7
7

Fuel Filler Won't Unlock
The fuel filler flap on our 2003 V70 won't unlock. The dealer couldn't help today as all the technicians had gone home. We took the side trim off inside the car but were still unable to access the...
2
2

440 gearbox removal
Hello, would like to change the gearbox of 440 1.7 Turbo (1990).... What is the right way to do it (what should be the order of procedures)? Thanks in advance. Hannes PS. sry for my english.
1
1

New California smog for older Volvo
I have a 1984 240 GL wagon with 140K original miles that past the smog check two years ago without problems. Now it needs it again but I understand the new California smog check requirement is tougher...
7
7

960 Exhaust Q
Hi; Is the exhaust system the same on a 1992 and a 1995 960? I have a Stainless one on my written off 92 I want to put on my 95 Volvo 6Cyl 960 The Same car but for the interior upgrade. I notice all...
2
2

Considering buying high mileage Volvo v40 T reg
Thinking about buying one of these but really concerned about the mileage - 148,000 on 1.6 engine. should i be or is there anything specific i should be checking out? :D
5
5

Volvo 850R Turbo Gauge Stuck, Loud Whiny Sound from Fan, and Other Problems
I have a 1996 Volvo 850R IPD Motronics upgrade and 114,000 miles. I have a few problems that I would like to know if anyone has quick, simple, cheap fixes to: 1) There's a high pitched whiny sound...
9
9

check engine light on
My car is Volvo v40 2.0T, 2001 year, 50000Km, European version. When I turn on the ignition key and before engine starts, DSA light and Check engine light is alwasy On, Service light is also on, I...
2
2

Wheel nut torque specs
Anyone know the wheel nut torque specs for a V40? Thanks, Mike V.

seek 94 Volvo 940 vacuum system diagram & pictures
I am working on the 1994 Volvo 940 (4 cylinder automatic, non-turbo) vacuum system. Where can I find the vacuum system diagram & pictures? where can I find vacuum system replacement parts? Thank you
2
2

'93 240 Won't Start After Clutch Replacement
Subject line says it all. After replacement of the clutch in our 1993 Volvo 240 wagon (it's a 5 speed), our mechanic cannot start this vehicle. He is stumped, the local Volvo people are stumped, any...
5
5

1980 Volvo 240 Radiator, connectors and fluid capacity
1980 Volvo 240 Radiator, connectors and fluid capacity I want to remove/replace the radiator of my 1980 Volvo DL. I found that it is relatively easy to take out the radiator, except for the two thin...
1
1

C70 Gas Pedal Vibration
For almost a year after purchase, I experienced problems with gas pedal vibration on my Volvo C70. I took it back to the dealer many times with this complaint. They would go with me for test drives...
2
2

Weird wheel question
I've got a 2001 S80 with aluminum alloy wheels. My car is usually kept pretty clean but inevitably 2 or 3 days after a car wash the brake dust begins to build up and becomes noticeable no matter how...
16
16

850 No reverse lights - PNP switch? No diag code (?)
I have a 1997 850GLT, and the reverse lights have quit working. Sockets, bulbs and fuse are all good. I tried the 'cleaning' routine of shifting rapidly from P to L about 20 times -- still no reverse...
1
1

240 Turbo won't boost
Hi all, Just a quick question: my 83 240 Turbo is running well BUT the Turbo doesn't seem to be giving much boost (if any). The indicator shows the boost maxes-out at about one third and won't go...
5
5

Horsepower vs Torque (2.5T/T5)
Can anyone explain how the torque figures are so close on the 2.5T and T5 engines (236 vs 243), while the horsepower numbers are so different (208 vs 247)? 2.5T T5 HP 208 @ 5,000 rpm 247 @ 5,200 rpm...
6
6

1990 volvo 240 DL won't idle
The Check engine light on my 1990 Volvo 240 DL, automatic, 186,000 miles came on last week. The computer code, 1-2-1 indicated there is a fault in signal for air mass meter. The car started stalling...
1
1

Turbo timer installation
Hello everyone, Does anyone out there know how to install a turbo timer? I was given a used Fizz turbo timer but without a harness nor a manual, I'm installing it on my 89' 740 Turbo. Thanx in...
1
1

Help setting timing on '89 volvo 740 GLE with 16v engine
This engine apparently is timed automatically. After doing a major repair to it, I found the engine backfires after reinstallation. I had dismantled the engine and repaired the crankshaft. After...
2
2