Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Key Stuck In Ignition
I found a solution to a Volvo problem which saved me a trip to the dealer; maybe it will be useful to someone else, too. My wife has a 2001 S-40 with an automatic transmission. Recently, she's had...

Volvo HD Radio TSBs - investigation ongoing
"HD Car Radio Investigation" "The trial lawyers at Keefe Bartels, LLC are currently investigating the marketing and sales of HD car radios by certain car manufacturers. Consumer statutes and laws...

760 GLE 2.8 idling problems
Hi All, I own an '86 760 GLE with 2.8 V6. It used to idle rough, which is why I took it to a local garage here in my village in the Netherlands. to solve the problem, my garage did the following: -...
10
10

98 V70 Unintended (Runaway) Acceleration
I had noticed the gas pedal being a bit sticky lately but today I got a nasty surprise when my V70 raced to 5,000 rpm after starting up. I removed the cover over the throttle mechanism and saw that...

V70 (1999) heated seat relay
I had felt for sometime that my heated seat was on when switched off. Whilst on holiday I needed to leave the ignition switch on 1st click to power something from the cigar lighter for a few hours...

Volvo plastic parts needed?
I have spent the better part of the day chasing some plastic parts for my '93 240 without success. I can't be the only Volvo owner with this problem. My nostrils are filled with the smell of blood as...
6
6

Can high idle cause high fuel consumption? - 1982 245 w/B230E
My 245 runs very nicely but the fuel consumption seems far too high. I am averaging 7.5km per litre, or about 20 imperial mpg. I recently cleaned the throttle body. It was not very dirty even though...

1985 245 Wagon Tailgate Rattle
Tailgate's rattling like crazy when I drive down the road. I tightened the catch bar for the door latch which was loose, but no help. My friends riding in the car yesterday said they can see it shimmy...
3
3

V70 2007 RTI Video input
I want to be able to show video on my RTI-screen, but can't find a way to connect my source to the RTI system. I have the original TV-tuner. There is a unused green connector marked "To video", but no...
1
1

Volvo S60 Hollow noise coming from rear end???
Sounds like parcel shelf or something similar making a hollow rattling noise over bumps - even slight ones. Took it to the main dealer - technician and his boss took for test drive and up on ramp and...
6
6

Idle question on 1987 740 B230F
I've come to believe that a "24 hour" rule exists on my Volvo. It's like I make an adjustment and I don't notice anything. 24 hours later, I start the car and the changes take effect. One example is...
7
7

B230F Valve Shim and Husher Replacement --timing is everything!
I am whooped! My 740 ALMOST kicked my butt. Almost. Yesterday my parts came in so I went to work. My distributor and rotor were already off so I pulled the valve cover off, took off the timing belt...

740 for a 940 Engine swap
If I could have about 10 mins of your time what I would like to know is as follows. I blew a piston on my 89 Volvo 744 Turbo and bought a 94 Volvo 940 Turbo engine The only thing I notice as major...
3
3

B230FT Fuel Problem
Hello, I have a 87 760 Turbo that will not start due to a fuel problem (spray starter fluid into the air filter and it vrooms). I have verified fuel is being pumped into the injector rail. I have also...
3
3

volvo 960 with ESP - possible ?
Hi I have downloaded a brochure about buying a used volvo 960's from the volvo home page. The brochure does not mention anything about ESP (Electronic Stability Program) for any years - also not the...
4
4

How to fail a smog test?
I have a pretty beat 89 760 turbo wagon that may or may not pass my next california smog test. I wish to turn the car into the calif. retirement program for the $1000. that they pay but the car has to...
9
9

FS: VOLVO P1800, 1971 parts car or needs full restoration (P1800E)
I bought this classic VOLVO in 1976 & drove every day 'til i got my pick-up truck. Unfortunately it got flooded in Hurricane Fran & needs full restoration or would be a great parts car. the seats are...
7
7

Gas lid won't open? Help!
I was working on my Wife's 1999 S70 today hoping to figure out why the frickin' check engine light is still on... On the way home, I decided to stop and put some gas into it... I couldn't because the...
15
15

1992 940 turbo wont start -Air intake hose problem?
My 1992 940 turbo wont start after some minor maintenance. While working on my 940 I noticed the bottom of my air supply hose was kind of thin and creased along the bottom. I could not see if there...
8
8

Any LH-2.2 experts?
Still battling a severe fuel consumption problem on my 89 740T wagon. Have done pretty much everything that can cause excessive consumption from full tune up, new ECT and fuel pressure regulator,...
15
15