Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Radiator fan motor smoking.
Few days ago while driving I smelt strong wire burning smell. When I stoped the car, smoke was coming out from under the hood. It looks like it's the cooling fan motor which has sized. When I turn the...
4
4

240 Hubcap Question
It appears that Volvo switched from the Dreaded Two-Piece hubcaps to one piece plastic ones in '89. Will these also fit an '88? I know that it wouldn't match, but that doesn't bother me. A quick...
7
7

V40 older average miler or newer high miler
I am looking at two V40s and would appreciate some advice to help me make a final decision. The choice is between: 1) 1999 V40 2 litre (basic model) with below average miles for the year plus service...
2
2

1996 960 Transmission light
My '96 960 engine just raced briefly going from 1st to 2nd gear. Then the "Check Engine" light came on , the transmission selector buttons began flashing and the winter drive mode arrow now flashes....
2
2

Tailight colours - regarding amber vs red turn signals, european cars.
Hi... Was just wondering something. For the longest while, all European cars that I know of have had low wattage red running lights, higher wattage red brake lights that came on overtop of the running...
19
19

Volvo 240 thump between first and second gear
I have a recently bought Volvo 240 '86 with automatic transmission. When taking off there is a slight bump just as the transmission shifts gears. It seems to be coming from middle/rear of the car....
1
1

Volvo V70 Service/Engineering Menu on RTI Navigation System
Good Day, I own a V70 2005 and the other day managed (by pressing a combinaation of keys on the steering wheel) to get the RTI Navigation system into engineering mode. A black and white screen...

VADIS password
I purchased an original 2003 VADIS CD on e-bay. No instructions, logon name, or password came with it. Did I get taken or is their a way around my dilemma?? The program loaded OK. Thanks for the help...
4
4

High Idle & no overdrive..... Connected?
I'll try again. '89 245, 280K. Sunday when I started the old wagon it did not come off high idle, even after driving around for more than 30 miles. Also overdrive does not work anymore. Are these two...

S80 message - "start prevented try again" or something like that
I am a new volvo owner and have seen this message twice in the past two days for the first time. It has been unusually cold (10-15 degrees f) so perhaps this is related. Does anyone have any...
5
5

Volvo S70 '99: ETS light and engine problems
My ETS warning light came on after driving through the cold weather for about 5 minutes tonight (F 10 degrees). After a couple of minutes the Check Engine sign also came on and the engine started to...
6
6

Volvo 360
How come you never hear of Volvo 360's? I have seen a couple advertised (360GLT), seem comparitively quite cheap for what I call a better quality car, as in fact do other Volvos with a few years on...
15
15

New Volvo's, synthetic oil or not?
Hi Does anyone know if the new Volvo's come with synthetic oil from the factory or if they are using normal oil. They told us the service interval is 12000kms between oil changes (and the salesman...
2
2

Volvo S40: Rear Fog Lights?
I've just noticed that I only have a rear fog light on the drivers side. On the passenger side there is no bulb and the opening for the bulb has never been snapped out?? Should there be a fog light at...
34
34

Bosch MSA 15.7 wiring diagram - 850 TDI
I have been looking for above item for some time, but without any succes. Can anyone help me with information? Best regards Per
1
1

'89 740 Belching Black Smoke
OK I have been helped her before. My non-turbo 740 was belching black smoke a while back and I was able to remedy things by cleaning up the contacts at the air mass meter. At least I thought I had....
2
2

850 won't idle, quits and will run with gas pedal to the floor
Hi all, Here's the story: 1) Engine starts, runs for a short time, then quits. 2) After restarting, engine will not idle, but as the engine dies, if you mash the pedal to the floor, it will keep...
5
5

440 clutch replacement costs??
been told that my clutch on the 1.7 Volvo 440 is now at the end of it's adjustable life. O.K. atm but done 92,000 and more city driving on daily commute .. . so wondering what it'll cost to be...

Brake rotor life ?
Hi Looking at my '99 V70 (70,000 km), I noticed that the front brake rotors have quite a bit of wear (1 to 2 mm thinner, or thereabouts) and it's quite noticeable when comparing them to the rears...
6
6

1987 740 TURBO SUNROOF LEAK
Had a really bad rainstorm last night and my sunroof started leaking. Anyone know how to make adjustments to make the fit tighter ? I can't seem to find the adjustment screws mentioned in the Haynes...
2
2