Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

240 Wagon tailgate wiring broken at hindges! How to Fix!?
Help, help. How to you repair, replace, renew, fix broken wire at tailgate hindges. Is there a fix kit for this common problem? Radio fuse #1, keeps blowing. Idiot light for headlights is intermitant...
5
5

240DL trembles and black smoke coming out if muffler
Hi, I recently posted a problem similar to this but yesterday it got worse. When I turn on my '89 240DL, the car starts trembling (it's a very noticeable tremble) and black smoke is coming out of the...
5
5

Adding an external Aplifier to a Volvo SC-805 stereo
I've got a SC-805 stereo and I want to add an external amp to drive a sub-woofer. On the back of the sc-805 there is a 6-pin mini din socket for a power amp and I know the pin-outs! My question is...
3
3

Submerged Volvos in Halifax Harbor? (2023 Update)
Here's a weird one: on our trip to Nova Scotia last year we spent a day in Halifax and visited the Marine Museum there. On the second floor, as part of a display covering the rich heritage of sinking...
29
29

In-Line Magnetic Filters for Volvo??
Anyone had any expereince with the product listed below? I added the URL so anyone could check it out.. it sounds a *little* like snake oil, but on the other hand might really work well... any idea?...
15
15

850 frame trap and oil leak
Our 850 has about 87K miles now. From 60+ miles, a rear oil leak was developed and I learned there is a frame trap which was clogged really bad, I cleaned it by carb sprayer really well and replaced...
4
4

OEM Volvo Radio problems, fixable, or replacable?
Hello, you lovely bunch of car folk :) My radio from my 93 240 is dying. When pushing in the nob, and clicking it to the center, I only hear audio out of my right speaker. After about 75% farther to...
10
10

Radio Code? Volvo 850 1995 n2.5s Estate
Hello, Did a daft thing. Removed and replaced battery. Radio needs default code entered to restart. I bought the car used and was told the code was the Volvo default. Does this make sense? I tried...
5
5

2003 S40 Immobilizer Light on Dash comes on at start and stays on
Anybody experience the dash Immobilizer warning/status light coming on and not going off until a restart. This happens about 50% of the time. Took it to the local dealer and after watching them work...

S80 Message "Brake Assist Service Required"
S80 Message - "Brake Assist Service Required" Has anyone received this message or does anyone out there know exactly what it means? I had the brake pads replaced recently, now just a feeks later, I am...
1
1

Italian Volvo 850 T-5 2.0 vs T-5 2.3
Does anyone know the differences between 2.0L (B5204T) and 2.3L (B5234T) Volvo 850 t-5 cars? I know that the engine stroke is shorter in 2.0 version and it has less HP and shorter MAX torque area than...

how to remove 86 740 speaker grill
Hi! I have a 86 740 Turbo wagon, and the right front speaker is dead silent. I was told by the guy at the stereo shop that put in a jvc stereo two years ago that the factory speaker is gone. I am...
4
4

Where to buy IAC valve for Volvo 740
I am looking for a good source to buy a new or used IAC valve for a 1990 Volvo 740GL. [P/N 1389557] The only place I could find it was at and they want $202 for it. I was hoping to spend a little less...
11
11

Volvo 940 TD Auto - Turbo Probs
Hi, well here goes, I got a 940 TD auto and love this car 2 bits, however when I boot or accelerate sharply, the turbo light comes on and get a sooking noise (louder than usual). Runs like a dream...
7
7

Red engine block?
My engine block (the lower part) is painted red. I was asked to check with you folks if this is a standard factory thing or if this indicates a rebuild has been done. Anyone know if they painted...
13
13

direction lights at Volvo 340GL
Hello. As I use direction lights a lot (which is good) the crank has ceased to turn direction lights on. Couple of days before I had been unable to turn the undimmed lights on. Which part is broken?...
4
4

1983 Volvo 240DL manual overdrive question
When I recently got my '83 240 DL with manual transmission, I was told it was "only a 4-speed."I got it through an agent for elderly owners who would not be able to provide accurate information. It...
23
23

Remove C70 conv. rear headrests?
Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat headrests on a 2000 C70 convertible? This is just for one night - for a homecoming parade. We'll put 'em right back on after the parade. The girls will be...
3
3

1986 Volvo 240 GLE B230A running on very low rpm (idle), jumps like a kangaroo and stalls.
Hello, I have a problem with my car (1986 Volvo 240 GLE B230A). When I start the engine the car is running very poor on idle, but some times it runs fairly good until I use to accelerator pedal, and...
2
2

What is causing the whining noise in the fuel-pump?
I have a 1997 Volvo whose fuel-pump is making a loud whining noise. My mechanic checked and found the fuel-pressure normal. Any chance that a 10% Ethanol mix to the fuel may be causing the fuel-pump...
6
6