Car Fax

Would anyone be so kind and run this via CarFax for me? YV1TS97D8X1058733

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Sure thing, buddy. YV1 is Volvo, T is the model type (I expect you know that anyway), S is 4-door with airbag (sedan), 97 is possibly B 5254 (or similar, as in S60, or four cylinder engine as fitted to S40), D should be the number of doors and may possibly be a 4 not D, 8 is a check digit ( computed from the other digits in the VIN), X is year 2000 (model year), 1 is factory (Torslanda) and 058733 is chassis number. I hope that will be helpful if not fully accurate.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Did you run the carfax report? If so, was there anything of note?

I was offered the car by a local dealer Thanks

Peter Milnes wrote:

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

You should get a better idea of any problems by consulting your local licensing office using the licence plate as basis. The VIN cannot tell you anything other than the original data from the manufacturers.

If the car is offered by a dealer then he should be obliged under law to tell you of any information that may stop you from purchasing. Try the mechanics out back of the dealer's shop.

Cheers, Peter.

: > Cheers, Peter. : >

:
Reply to